Micvac vs food waste
The energy that goes into the production, harvesting, transporting and packaging of wasted food, generates more than 3.3 billion metric tons of carbon dioxide. If food waste were a country, it would be the world’s third largest emitter of greenhouse gases! The Micvac-method promotes food sustainability in several ways. A portion cooked meal is less likely to be thrown away. And Micvac’s unique keeping qualities reduces food waste all through the logistic chain, during transportation, storage, shelf life in the store and finally in the fridge in the home of the consumer.
Micvac vs chemicals
The Micvac method creates a natural vacuum that makes all use of synthetic preservatives superfluous. And our in-pack cooking leaves all the flavour, juices and nutrition in the tray – so no need for flavour enhancers or other E number additives.
Food packaging sustainability
To reduce the amount of plastic put on the market, we have added 15% chalk to our trays. And that’s not all. Our packaging partners work ceaselessly to improve their environmental performance. In most food products the environmental impact of the packaging pales in comparison with the impact of the food content. Therefore the strongest environmental effect of the package is to reduce food waste by preserving the food in the best way possible.
The Micvac method is very resource-efficient. Significantly less water and energy is used when producing food the Micvac way, compared to the traditional autoclave or retort method. This, of course, has positive effects on both the environment and your finances.
Micvac promotes sustainable development by using methods and practices that minimise any negative environmental impact from manufacturing, distribution and consumption of our products and processes.
- Drive knowledge and awareness of environmental issues and continuously evaluate the aspects of our work and offering on the environment.
- Meet all laws and regulations and cooperate with authorities and organisations in order to strive towards the environmental goals set by the society.
- Constantly reduce the environmental impact of our products and processes.
- Show our commitment to environmental issues to influence our suppliers’ environmental work.
- Minimise negative impact on the environment by coordinating, streamlining and choosing the best possible means of transport.